I believe that the safety of all children is of paramount importance. In order to maintain the safety of both children and adults, I shall ensure that:
· Adults do not walk about with hot drinks or place hot drinks within reach of children.
· A book is available to report and record any accident or incidents
· Fire drills are held regularly.
· Emergency Fire exits are never obstructed.
· Smoke alarms are checked regularly.
- Safety restraints in pushchairs and highchairs are appropriate.
· A register of both adults and children is completed as people arrive and leave the setting so that a complete record of all those present is available in any emergency.
· There is a no smoking policy on the premises.
· A first aid box is available at all times.
· I have attended an appropriate first aid course.
· Children only leave my setting with authorised adults.
· Risk Assessments are carried out every morning both indoors and outdoors.
· Low level glass is covered, or replaced by safety glass.
· Activities such as cooking and energetic play receive close and constant supervision.
· Outdoor space is securely fenced and back exit is always locked.
· Equipment and toys are checked regularly. Broken items are repaired or discarded.
· Layout of the rooms allow children to move safely and freely between activities.
· Resources offered to children are developmentally appropriate, recognising that toys suitable for an older child may pose a risk to younger, less mature children.
· Power points, cables and leads are adequately guarded.
· Medicines and cleaning materials are stored out of reach of children
· Kitchen cupboards are fitted with childproof locks
- Children do not have access to the cooking area within the kitchen when meals are being prepared.